The Western Reserve Safety Council continually strives to provide its members and the public with helpful resources that promote safety and well-being. If you’re looking for something that you don’t see listed here, please call us at 440-248-5080 or complete the form at the bottom of this page.
- BWC Division of Safety & Hygiene – Library services– The library provides free informational services on the topics of occupational safety and health, workers’ compensation, and rehabilitation. We provide the only such library in the state of Ohio, and one of the few in the nation. While most special libraries are not open to the public, this library serves employers, local and state government, legal and health care professionals, Ohio’s work force and the general public.
- BWC Drug Free Safety Program– BWC’s Drug-Free Safety Program (DFSP) offers a premium rebate to eligible employers for implementing a loss-prevention strategy addressing workplace use and misuse of alcohol and other drugs, especially illegal drugs.
- BWC Important Dates– Calendar of important BWC dates.
- BWC Industry Specific Safety Program– BWC developed the Industry-Specific Safety Program to encourage Ohio’s employers to use the many safety services and programs available through our Division of Safety & Hygiene (DSH). We designed the program to: raise awareness among employers and workers through the completion of an online safety assessment; provide employers with year-round training and education opportunities; and provide tailored consultations that address safety issues in the workplace.
- BWC Monthly E-News– BWC distributes a monthly newsletter via e-mail to its customers. BWC e-news provides high-level updates impacting Ohio’s workers’ compensation system. Here you’ll find an archive of past editions available for download.
- BWC Monthly Safety Update– The Division of Safety & Hygiene has created a monthly safety update to keep you informed about the safety and industrial hygiene industry. Our library staff gathers this list of articles and research publications monthly from newsletters, journals, and state and federal government agencies. We post each month’s edition here for you to download and print. We’ll also keep previous editions available from the year.
- BWC Safety & Hygiene Library– BWC provides resource materials such as brochures, fact sheets, work-site posters and manuals to help you become more familiar with Ohio’s workers’ compensation system. This link contains hundreds of useful safety and hygiene publications.
- BWC Safety Intervention Grant– The purpose of the Safety Intervention Grant Program is to gather information about the effectiveness of safety interventions so we may share the results with Ohio employers. The program is available to any Ohio state-fund or public employer who wishes to purchase equipment to substantially reduce or eliminate injuries and illnesses associated with a particular task or operation. The program is designed to work and partner with Ohio employers to establish safety intervention best practices for accident and injury prevention.
- BWC Safety Services– Information about the Division of Safety & Hygiene, including many useful links.
- BWC Safety/Industrial Hygiene/Ergonomic Consulting– BWC’s safety, industrial hygiene and ergonomics specialists can visit your workplace or consult with you by telephone and/or email to assist your business in the development of effective injury and illness prevention strategies. BWC provides all of its consultative services at no additional cost.
- BWC Training Center for FREE online and classroom safety training– The DSH training center offers a variety of courses addressing Industrial safety, Construction safety, Industrial hygiene, Ergonomics, Safety management, and Risk management. All courses are offered on an open-enrollment basis to eligible Ohio businesses. Courses are designed to emphasize practical application of safety principles, development of a safety culture, current and proposed standards for regulatory compliance, risk and BWC programs.
- BWC Transitional Work Bonus– Employers with a transitional work plan actively participate in the recovery and return to work of their employees. Injured employees can resume their work functions with minimal time off, and employers are better prepared to place an injured employee in a job or given work tasks consistent with any medical or physical restrictions. The cost benefits may include reducing compensation payments and lowering claims reserves. BWC now offers an additional benefit for employers with a transitional work plan participating in the Destination Excellence: Transitional Work Bonus Program.
- BWC Video Library– BWC has partnered with a safety video vendor to offer access to a selection of online streaming videos covering a range of popular safety topics. Ohio employers have access 24 hours/seven days a week, giving them the freedom and flexibility to view videos at their convenience
- OSHA QuickTakes Newsletters– A twice monthly e-news product with information about workplace safety and health.